Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Hi from Aunt Leesa

Hey all you Freedman's out there - I'm in cold Chicago this week. Although I'm not getting as much done in moving Safta to a new apartment as I'd like, we're making slow progress. Hopefully we'll have a moving date set before I leave.

I was expecting weather similar to last year, and was promised temperature in the 50's but instead got cold and dreary 30's. Luckily I didn't bring a coat because I needed a new raincoat, so that was my first order of business. Last night I got to attend a beautiful and delicious sheva brachot for Yitzi Wengrow. Mark and Linda hosted this beautiful event in typically gracious fashion and their friends did a great job of serving and cooking. Rabbi Cohen spoke and actually pronounced one word of Hebrew correctly and not in ashkenazis, but he quickly made up for that by using a synonym pronounced his normal way. I really have a problem understanding the divrei Torah here.

Heshy Wengrow spoke last and went into a very detailed explanation of exactly how he knows each of the host/hostess families. Afterwards his mother said that no one likes someone who speaks too long.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Shabbat with Mark and Linda. Uncle Michael's coming in and that will be especially nice, to be here with time to talk together. And the Cardinals are winning, for a change, as long as I don't watch the game.

Love and kisses to all. The pictures of the kids are adorable and I only hope that both Avi and Beno, instead of traveling together, will find their bashert's this year and we'll have more weddings to celebrate together.

Comments:
Okay, Leesa. First of all, it's SUNNY out there and that's the best we got.

That's all. We're having a blast with you. Love you, Lin
 
A good time for Avi to get married would be February.
A good time for Beno to get married would be after I win the lottery.
 
Hi Aunt Leesa! And happy birthday! Thanks for the report on the SB, it was very entertaining.

So neither you nor Aba can watch a Cardinals game now?
... and I thought Rachelle's family was superstitious.

Rachelle also forgot a jacket when we were in Chicago recently -- and she also needed a new coat. Very suspicious.

And February is not a good time for a wedding... unless, of course, you don't want me to attend. Which I understand.
 
Happy birthday, Aunt Leesa!
Is Avi dating anyone or were you just throwing it out there?

And is Miriam too young to get a bashert, because I'd like to hand-pick hers...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?