Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Sufferin' Succah-tash

Actually, 'twas one of the most enjoyable Succots in memory for me'n'Rac'n'HH. We spent the first half in Atlanta, along with much of Rachelle's family, and then the second half in Chicago. As has been previously reported, Beno also came in, along with Chammie's mom, which made the house nicely populated but not overly-crowded. A good mix, really.

Mom made some great food and some incredible cookies, of which I ate (I'm guessing here) 98%. I saw some movies, too: The Devil Wears Prada on the flight to Atlanta... Word Play (a documentary about Crossword puzzles) on the flight from Chicago... and the Lindsay Lohan version of The Parent Trap on the CAR RIDE HOME FROM LAX. Yes, it took a little while, but Lilli's van at least has a built in DVD player. (FYI, I recommend Word Play, which I believe was in theaters for exactly thirteen minutes. It's pretty darn good.)

I also watched the Cardinals roll over and play dead for a couple of games, though at least they had the good sense to win over yontif. And they racked up another win tonight, so I can only guess that Aba wasn't watching.

And for the benefit of those who were not there, here is a joke Grandpa told us on Friday night, with some commentary from Buba thrown in for good measure.

Grandpa: "I have a joke. Actually, it's more of a riddle: what's the difference between a bigamist--"

Buba: "Oh, here we go."

Grandpa: "What's the difference between a bigamist and a monogamist? (dramatic pause) A bigamist has one wife too many. A monogamist... same deal."

(Crowd laughs appreciatively)

Buba: "I don't think that was funny."

Grandpa: "They all laughed. They thought it was funny."

Buba: "I don't like jokes which are anti-women. I just don't."

Mom: "Well, that's fine."

Grandpa: "It's just a joke!"

Comments:
Yes, we enjoyed seeing y'all, boiled peanuts and everythin'.
But the greatest delight was -- you guessed it, folks -- HANNAH HONEY!!
 
LOL on the parent trap joke. You've still got it, Stooge.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?