Saturday, October 28, 2006

 

World's Cloudiest Crystal Ball

Never, EVER, ask me to predict the future. About the only thing I got right this season was don't forget the Twins!

Dovid's 2006 predictions (in chronological order:)

1. The White Sox, given the best offense and pitching staff in the majors, will win the World Series.
2. The Yankees, given the best line-up ever in a postseason, will slug their way to a World Series.
3. The Mets can't possibly lose to the Cardinals.
4. The Tigers are this year's White Sox.

Everything I predicted was wrong.

Congratulations: Aba, Yacov, Uncle Barry, Alex, Max, Leesa, Winnie...and the greatest fan of all...Safta.

(At least the Tigers didn't win.)

Quick Fact: In three games between the Cards and Sox this year, the former champs swept by a score of 34-11. In the last game, St. Louis Rookie Anthony Reyes (winner of Game 1 in the WS) pitched a no-hitter into the eighth, but lost 1-0 when he finally gave up the Sox's lone hit--a solo HR by Jim Thome. What does that mean now? Squat.

Comments:
It's all old news. Please, please, let this all be old news by Monday. I'm so tired of it.

Call me a bad sport.

I don't care.
 
Me too. I'm guessing the Cardinals won. Woo hoo.
 
You too really need some team spirit. Rah rah rah!

Funny stuff, Duv!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?