Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Back from the valley(s)

OK, I agree with everything posted about our trip so far, except for the "anxiety" about getting out. In truth, I felt we were in plenty of time, checking our luggage 55 minutes before the scheduled flight, waiting at the gate for a good 35 minutes before boarding. We deftly arranged for J. Bekritsky to drop us off in our own car (and pick us up quite efficiently on our return).

Margo's boys were equally well-behaved on the second day, when we took them to the Bob Baker Marionettes show, a bizarre, but visually stunning rendition of The Nutcracker. We had a wonderful Shabbos, full of food, and I was privileged to hear even sh'siyah's own Eli Cooper do Musaf.

Our car trip to San Francisco was admittedly long and hard on the ol' therapist's back, but Beno's house was well worth seeing (watching the sun set over the Golden Gate Bridge from his bedroom window). Also we had dinner in SF (Shangri-La, which is kosher except for the win and highly recommended, located across the street from Happy Donut), with cousin Michael Lavigne (famous author) and his wife, Gayle. AND WE DIDN"T GET LOST! (Beno drove, and, frankly, I had my eyes closed the whole way.)

On our drive back, we traversed the Salinas valley, the Imperial valley, the Central valley, and a bunch of valleys that we couldn't identify, before settling back in The Valley. We did get lost a little or detoured or something so that we had to travel twice through Salinas, CA, home of Fresh Express bagged lettuce (and spinach!). LSF's back was pretty wrecked by the time we got to LA.

It's kinda good to be back home: the bed is cozy, the coffee -- well, better. Weather is dreary, damp, drizzly, dark -- but not really cold. Following an intensive course of stretching, ibuprofen, rolling around on a mat, L's back is on the mend. My practice hasn't fallen apart, though it's often hard to tell. Ate at Shallot's last night for a drug-company sponsored discussion. The food was good, not great, and there were several things mentioned on the menu which in reality did not appear with the order (I can provide any Polskys with the culinary details on request). I actually have another dinner there tomorrow night, then Shabbos, then the Kanner chasuna in Detroit on Sunday. Cholesterol city.

Comments:
He meant wine, not win, at the restaurant. The wine wasn't kosher.

Aba, in his defense, was really very nice to hang out with. We had a good time. Read my blog tomorrow for my spin and a couple of pictures.
 
What was wrong with my coffee???!
I even had it waiting for you when you woke up. Sheesh. This flamly is hard to please.

We loved having you!!
 
The first day, you set the coffeemaker to go off early enough to provide me with a cup before davening.

The SECOND day, I made the coffee, as I recall. I think I also made it (as well as omelet bagels for youse guys) on Sunday.

Not that I'm complaining . . .

The real difference is that we get Starbucks or other premium coffees, grind the beans fresh, store them in the freezer, use different strengths and occasionally flavors. You're the one who labeled us "coffee divas."

Also, I like a little sugar . . .
 
This is why I don't drink coffee... can't handle the rejection.
 
Sugar is for sissies. No comment on everything else.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?