Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Back in the Valley

Apologies for not calling anyone. It's been a tough week.

Chammie read about some of it on my blog. Here's the link (click on this, mom).

Cham, by the way, I think you got the wrong idea. We've always been pretty good about coordinating the suitcase and the hanging bag thing.

It was hard getting out of town and traveling was stressful because it was also hard for Aba to leave. We checked in at the airport with 10 minutes at most to spare and there were 48 people waiting to take our seats at Stand By.

I had a bad day. But it was a good day because we made it to L.A. on time and rented a really decent car, a Dodge, from a low-ball rental company, Advantage, and the guys were great there, even installed the car seats. Six guys helping one little old lady while Aba got the luggage.

I got the better job, no?

It was cute.

Our first night we saw the boys and scarfed Margo's pasta (amazing) with an appetizer of lox on bagel (good lox), allowing Yac/Rac peace and quiet, as H.H. was asleep.

She's a light sleeper. They were right. But she's poo, poo, poo, so gorgeous and happy and I don't see the stranger anxiety appropriate at 9 months. Unless, of course, I'm no longer a stranger.

Thursday was delightful. Elan and Ariel were thrilled to take the day off to be with Bubs and Sabs. They took our hands as we walked. They were the best behaved boys I've ever seen. We had a good time and didn't get too lost.

I actually was supposed to be at a conference. I got there late (I WAS LOST IN DOWNTOWN L.A. AND TOOLED AROUND NO JOKE, FOR ABOUT AN HOUR, TRYING TO FIND THE SHERATON WHICH DOES NOT HAVE A BIG "S" ON IT LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO.

Anyway, got there, signed in, listened in on a paper presentation for 2 minutes, pretended to get a phone call, got up. Left. Aba was coming into the city in Margo's car to drop her off at work so he'd have one just in case I wanted to stay at the conference, so he picked me up.

Then at night we met Uncle Scot and Cousin Roz for dinner (a real score) at a very noisy but adequate (I thought) pizza shop (Nagila). They do make an amazing stuffed crust with those mushrooms stuffed in the crust. I have to remember to do that.

Okay, gotta' go. So don't think we're not thinking of you. I remembered to write, didn't I?

Love, Mom

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?