Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

Post-Thanksgiving

Hi everyone!
I know I haven't posted for awhile, but I HAVE commented. It seems when I am more creative at work, I wind up feeling less creative in, well, any other area. Including blogging, unfortunately, though I'm trying to get back in the swing of it.

Things are busy. Went to Oxnard for the weekend and was FREEZING the entire time. Nothing in our hotel room worked, including the heat, so I slept in every item of clothing I'd brought. And I refused to leave the room without my pajamas on under my skirt, the purple and pink knee-high arglye socks Mom gave me, and fuzzy boots. Add to that the myriad strange layers I wore instead of "shirt," and I walked around looking rather like a boho.

Or - like Mom, when it's under 95 outside ("BRRRR!").

I ate a lot, which made me both considerably warmer and fatter. I know, things are looking up.

LOVED "Happy Feet" on Sat. night, and Elan came away with it wanting to be an eagle or vulture instead of a penguin. Ariel came away wanting to know where THE HELL the donkey was, as in one scene, one character uses the term "daunting." This was probably the highlight of the weekend.

Sleeping in a pull-out bed with Sir Ariel was most certainly NOT. He likes to sleep horizontally, across a bed, with me as a pillow. Alternatively, he doesn't mind sticking his bare feet on my face and leaving them there once he's spun around in his sleep. He prefers waking at 5:45, yes, even (or especially! Free breakfast!) on vacation, and when he wakes, he likes to share the love by scratching my neck and face with his fingernails. Lovingly. And he gets terribly insulted when I ask him to stop.

Elan continues to overthink just about anything (see my latest OFAF blog) and fall asleep the second he hits the pillow.

And NOBODY. In all of Oxnard. Has ever heard of strawberry picking. So the plans we had for today, which were really formulated a year ago? OVER. So disappointed were we. We were told that strawberry picking with our children would be a HUGE liability for the strawberry industry, and when Yoni confusedly probed for what the hell that meant, he was quickly shut up by the hotel conceierge who just wanted us to TRUST HIM, IT WAS BAAAAD. Native beachcombers assured us that they, too, had never heard of such a thing as fruit picking in all of their years in Ventura County. Perhaps we meant fruit selling? Because there is a guy selling strawberries off the back of his truck up the road...

Yeah. That's where I'm at, too. The strawberry-field capital of the world does not allow you to pick any yourself.

Elan chocked it up to the possibility of being bitten by the Black Mamba snake he'd seen on the Discovery Channel.

I will probably have to repeat this blog on Of Fish and Family, now that I think about it. Sorry in advance!

Comments:
Well, we missed you here. It was fun having Beno around, even though HH decided that this was the weekend to go through some major stranger anxiety.

And yeah, watch our for those Black Mambas... scary stuff.
 
I love that we get the scoop. Thanks, Mag, love you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?