Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Sim Is Heard Around the World

Our boy writes from Israel:

Hey all,
Today I got to lain my first whole parsha since arriving here.
Unfortunately I had to walk like three kilometers to get there. And back.
And I had a cold. And I couldn't carry tissues because there was no eiruv.
But I did manage not to get lost and they did have tissues at the shul in
Moshav Aseret which is surprising, because as much as I gather, Israelis
don't believe in napkin-like items. Anyhoo, I also had to speak twice in
the Yishuv's shul- in
Hebrew mind you- one dvar torah and one halachah. The only problem with
the Torah one was that I didn't plan on forgetting every word of Hebrew I
ever knew by stepping up on the bima, but I think the dvar halachah made
sense. I lained in Havara sefardit, a first for me, so my rghghgrrraish
was a little inconsistent. The tuf was easy enough though- apparently two
years in Hillel Torah preschool is all one needs.
Finished The Plot Against America this week, pretty solid book, just gets
a little boring at times. Started jogging around the kibbutz a few days a
week, which gives a good feel.
Shavua Tov ya'll,
-Simhha

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?