Monday, November 20, 2006

 

the trip to Detroit

Well, we had a nice trip to Baruch and Aliza's chasana, which was great (FOOD WAS FABULOUS, I think in general I'm not appreciating food nearly enough, but this was great, oriental shmorg with chopsticks and little cartons like take-out?!)

Aba picked me up from work around 11 a.m. on Sunday(Safta came with us). I laid down in the back seat, hoping to save my lower back (didn't happen) and closed my eyes while they chattered and I zoned out but couldn't sleep since I'd caffeinated up at 4. We split the driving into Detroit.

I had really dreaded this, worried about driving back late at night, hitting a deer, veering off the road, ending up in a ditch.

But it was safe and we returned sound I sang my lungs out since it was too dark and I was driving too fast to go through the CD's I'd shlepped along:

Old Beatles songs (really old ones) and Simon and Garfunckle (great medly, must make mix) until I got stuck on the lyric, "All come. .to look FOR America, All come. .to look FOR America" and the words trailed off and so did I, remembering when that vinyl album came out and how much I loved it.

See, Sim, your generation has a ways to go, I feel, when it comes to making truly great music.

When Aba could stand it no longer he took over the wheel (I would have manically driven home but knew he was right). Barely woke up to change into p.j.'s when we got home.

So am rested and since it's sunny, hope to ride into the office this afternoon.

Here are some pictures. NO, they're not great. In fact, well...







Comments:
Love the pics... I think I even recognize a few of the people in 'em!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?