Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

My Week

I've been out of touch. That's because I've been busy. If you're curious, here's what's I'm working on:

-- This Shabbos is Parshas Vayishlach, so I'm gonna attempt something I haven't tried in fifteen years: the Haftorah. Since I don't possess the layning skills of any of my three brothers (or Safta), this took some studying. As of right now, I feel okay about it. (Of course, this could all be for naught. A year ago I also prepared the Haftorah, and the gabbai forgot to give it to me.)

-- In baby news, HH has done a 180 and now loves the bath. And what does she love doing in the bath? Splashing. Splash splash splash. I get soaked, but she's so stinkin' adorable that it's impossible to get upset. To wit:


-- In Rac news, she's been at rehearsal every night this week, for hours on end. Her play is this weekend, so I guess they need to work out the kinks. Then on Monday, she goes off to Atlanta to work on her sister's play, which debuts next weekend. Between all this, she's writing a play for a local high school, a frum spoof on West Side Story... and I've penned more than a few scenes for it, as well.

-- I've also been working a lot. It's still dark when I get there in the morning, and it's usually dark by the time I leave. I have all of next week off, though that wasn't exactly my choice. Apparently, there's a "tradition" at my new show where directors are asked to take some unpaid time off during the weeks after sweeps. Of course, I wasn't told about this in time to make any good vacation plans out of it. I won't even get to spend it with the wife and kid, since they'll be in Atlanta. (I join them on Thursday for the weekend.) But I will have a chance to meet Beno in San Diego, who will be holed up for a few days to attend a conference. So that should be fun.

-- I also plan to see Happy Feet a second time, buy a new filing cabinet, and file around seven months worth of mail and documents.

-- Back to this week: I managed to squeeze in seeing one movie on DVD, The Witches of Eastwick. It was very, very strange... unsure if it was a comedy, a drama, or a low-grade horror film. But it did fit pretty well with my overall theory of George Miller movies, which made me happy. Next up: Lorenzo's Oil.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?